<VV> Car lifts for Corvairs

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Mon Jan 10 12:21:21 EST 2011

I have a 4-post lift. It's not quite black-and-white about a 4-post not
allowing you to remove wheels. If the ramps are wide enough, you can jack on
them, which I have done often (safely). And my lift also has a sliding tray
that can be used to jack underneath, like on the front suspension. A 2-post
lift would be more convenient for this, but the things it can't do tipped
the balance for me:

* engine installation and removal (don't have to worry about balance
shifting when weight increases/decreases)

* easy access to interior while on the lift (no door blockages)

* movable (mine came with a caster kit)

* car storage (can store a car on it and one underneath for long periods)

* novice-friendly (my shop is used regularly by local club members)

--Kent