<VV> Car lifts for Corvairs

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Mon Jan 10 18:48:09 EST 2011

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Kent Sullivan wrote:

> I have a 4-post lift. It's not quite black-and-white about a 4-post not
> allowing you to remove wheels. If the ramps are wide enough, you can jack on
> them, which I have done often (safely). And my lift also has a sliding tray
> that can be used to jack underneath, like on the front suspension. A 2-post
> lift would be more convenient for this, but the things it can't do tipped
> the balance for me:

I have a similar 4 post lift with sliding tray as well as a Bend Pack 2
post lift. I like both.

Just bought a sissors type jack for use with the 4 post lift. It slides on
the inner flanges of the 4 post ramps and has nylon pads so it slides
easily. It has a cross arm with pads that rise up so u can lift the vair
front or rear at the proper points. Works well. Look at the Direct Lift
web site or see a video at the Greg Smith Equiptment web site.

regards,

frank