<VV> Space pen - was $60 Rotisserie!

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Tue Jan 11 08:44:19 EST 2011

Being a NASA junkie ever since I was a kid, this story always makes me
laugh. Now, mind you, I have the utmost respect for the Soviet space
program, after all, they beat us to the punch in most things, and have
killed less people going to or from space than we have. All while
spending FAR less money.

On the other hand, we got to the moon and didn't lose anyone in flight.
And, the Saturn V, at full thrust, made the equivalent of 200,000,000
horsepower! EGADS! And to date, is still the most powerful space
launcher ever used.

But, back to the point, I knew about this back in the early 70s, about
the pen. What I can't figure out, is how this story got this much
traction! Oh well...

John Roberts