<VV> bi-metallic coil

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 15 16:19:53 EST 2011

Is it?  I've always called it that, but just last week my son (currently
enrolled in A&P mechanics) said it is not.  He said it is a single metal and
that a bi-metallic would be used when the desire is to produce a current.

I always thought is was two metals - which would expand and contract at
different rates - in order to open or close the size of the coil.  Now, I'm
not so sure about that.

Later, JR