<VV> '60 heater (was) Slow day in Virtual Vairland?

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Jan 16 22:04:43 EST 2011

At 08:13 PM 1/16/2011, Jason Cesana wrote:
>Tony I need to remove it anyways to work on the rust under it. So while its
>out I figure it was the best time to have it worked on. Whats it doing?
>Nothing.

OK, now for group input:

Is the heater fuse OK?   Does the blower fan run when you flip the
switch?   Have you had someone stand by the open trunk and check to
see if the burner blower fan (in the front of the fender well on the
pass. side) is running?   Not only does that fan provide burner box
combustion air, it has points in it that fire the ignition coil.  It
has brushes that can oxidize and cause the motor to not run.  There's
also a fuel line under the car that feeds the heater, with a tendency
to clog up if it sits unused long enough.

This stuff is all outside the actual heater itself...   :)
...which may or may not have anything wrong with it at all.

tony..