<VV> EM speedo driven gear squeal

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 22 16:40:16 EST 2011

Hi Mark,
I had a similar occurance on my '63 Rampside though it was coming from the cable. I removed the compleat cable, removed the "inner" cable, and wiped off all the old (hardened) grease. Then I thoroughly cleaned the inside of the outer cable w/ mineral spirits and compressed air. Finally after it was all dry (I think the next day) I took the inner cable and ran it thru a handfull of wheel bearing grease. It was fairly difficult to reroute the inner cable back thru the outer cable but I was persistant. I have never heard a sound from that cable again.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado