<VV> Sealing the flexplate bolts

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sun Jan 30 14:52:03 EST 2011

 I might caution against this stuff, because it's full of Teflon. As such, it will actually reduce any thread locking ability. I've had experiences with other mechanical assemblies where the threads of a power transmitting assembly were sealed with a Teflon sealant, and we couldn't get the bolts to stay tight! If it were me, coating the mating faces of the flex plate and the undersides of the bolt heads with gasket sealer would do an admirable job. That's what we did! Leave the threads alone, as any sealant I can think of will cause torquing inaccuracies, etc.

John Roberts