<VV> Bell housings

Frank Ness aircoolvair at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 22:19:11 EST 2011

Question about bell housings.

Junk Yard Primer lists a casting number for 60 to 63 manual and PG bell housings. No listing for 64 to 69. I was helping a friend change a LM from a PG to four speed. There were two bell housings. One with 3832176 which is what is listed in the JYP. the other casting number started with a 6xxxxxx. It's in the car, and I can't remember what the rest was. Is it save to say that the one that starts with 6 is the LM housing? Is there another place I can look? Just want to be sure next time.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to answer questions.

Frank