<VV> Corsa's future- a possible idea?

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 23:36:04 EDT 2011

Many High Schools have automotive type classes, I know mine did.

Might it be possible for Corsa chapters to put on a little private car show,
"lecture", and tech section for one day of class at their local High
School.   I can tell you from experience, there are always one or two
oddball students in those type classes who are likely to be attracted to our
cars once they see them and learn a little bit.

It'd be even better if we could take the students for a ride but insurance
would probably be scary as would be the possibility of a lawsuit if
something were to happen.

Maybe I'll take the time to outline a "Corvair" classroom session aimed at
high school kids.  I think we'd start with the Yenko Stinger (many of the
"gear heads" will be familiar with Yenko Camaro's and Nova's already) and
the Corvairs place in racing history....  then get into the wild mods like
the v-8 cars and so-on....  ones you have them hooked a little slip into
some history and clear up urban myths, then wrap up with some hands on looks
at the mechanicals and what it is like to work on one.

Maybe I'm dreaming =)

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA