<VV> Corsa's future- a possible idea?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Jul 5 01:21:56 EDT 2011

Maybe I'm dreaming =)
--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez

In my opinion...  not dreaming....  just mis-guided...
Especially in these retracted economic times...
We need to attract  well employed / financially  sound,  mid aged  auto  enthusiast / collectors.
We need to extol  the virtues of the Corvair  versus the   collectability / values [ present and future] of the cars..

  This is what has  stagnated our  mark!!  In my Opinion.

Many well meaning enthusiasts  have steered the mainstream  into the world of the masses...
Others insist on referring to our Vairs as "Antiques"  and or "Classics".

 Regardless of what we see and hear from the media
They are neither to the "big dogs"  that rule the market.

As we all can see... it's failed miserably!...  Current membership is down to less than 4200!

  We must face the fact that the majority of "Collectable" owners
 were never "Auto enthusiasts" in their youth.  Their "memories"  were formed by the media!  Magazines and TV shows.

We need to   model ourselves   akin to the Meyers Manx Club...  a vibrant  and growing association!

  A driving club....     utilizing lowbuck  accommodations, they mainly camp!...but near motels... for those that want them.

Every day starts with a 30 minute "car show"...  members vote...

Then 3 options for driving are offered.. with all 3 groups meeting at lunch, and again at Dinner.

It's a "Welcome Party " every night!

We wouldn't need to add or  eliminate  any of our current  activities....just offer them more than ONE  TIME  during a week long Convention.

  I know this is vague....  and I have little desire to elaborate further...  Just offering "fuel for Thought"

Hopefully everyone is  resting after a great Independance Day Celebration!

Matt Nall

Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/