<VV> Upgrade and maintenance

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Tue Jul 5 13:01:14 EDT 2011

Stephen:  First, do a really hard nose safety check on your car: brakes &
lines, shocks and suspension components, wheel bearings and steering parts.

Then go to your first autocross.  Have some fun.  Maybe scare yourself.

But before you start spending small bags of money on upgrading your car, do
an upgrade and maintenance on yourself.  Go to a drivers school.  Or find a
mentor in the local autocross club.  Let them co-drive it.  When you get
within about half a second of his (or her) time, decide what you want to do
with the car.  You may then decide you need a different car, not just a
upgraded one.

Historically Yours,
			James Rice

Message: 3