<VV> Suspension upgrade and maintenance

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Jul 5 14:15:29 EDT 2011

Hi Stephen,

You might find some food for thought on my site, starting with:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/newbie.html

As James already mentioned, make sure you can pass the safety inspection first.  After that, be aware that in pretty much all competitive events, cars go into classes, so modifying your Corvair may put you just barely into the next class up.  Now, some people don't care about that, but it can be disheartening. Alignment is open, tho, so you can look here for some options:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/setup.html#alignment

Wheels and tires are the big question, and pretty much everyone will put you in a faster class if you change them.  You should check the rules, pick a class, and then ask for advice on what to use.

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/tires.html

--Bryan