<VV> Corsa's future- a possible idea?

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jul 5 14:44:32 EDT 2011

For years I argued to make the convention more affordable, the hotel costs, banquet, and all the bells and whistles made it an expensive proposition for the guy of limited means to participate fully.

I had hoped to at least institute a "childrens menu" for the banquet.
Was told that spare no expense for the banquet is the norm.
And a childs menu would encourage kids to attend, and there were those who would rather discourage kids attendance.
Back when I was truly more enthusiastic about conventions, I skipped many due to the costs of bringing along the kids. Now that they are grown, I'm less enthusiastic about event participation.

When I did attend, I never actually stayed in a host hotel. The difference of $40-$50 a night in room costs made the difference of staying 2 nights, or 5 nights.

Gary Swiatowy

> We need to   model ourselves   akin to the Meyers Manx Club...  a vibrant  and growing association!
>   A driving club....     utilizing lowbuck  accommodations, they mainly camp!...but near motels... for those that want them.
>
> Every day starts with a 30 minute "car show"...  members vote...
>
> Then 3 options for driving are offered.. with all 3 groups meeting at lunch, and again at Dinner.
>
> It's a "Welcome Party " every night!
>
> We wouldn't need to add or  eliminate  any of our current  activities....just offer them more than ONE  TIME  during a week long Convention.
>   I know this is vague....  and I have little desire to elaborate further...  Just offering "fuel for Thought"
>
> Matt Nall
 Charleston, Oregon