<VV> $38,200 is the price

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Jul 6 07:00:44 EDT 2011

Let's just say there is a dearth between what you want to get for a car, and
what you'll end up taking for one.

I work in this hobby every day.  I see asking prices and selling prices.
GONE are the days you could pick up a car, fix it up, sell it and make a
profit.

I've nothing against stock restorations or resto mods.  Restoration is how I
make my living.  But in these times, if you're going to restore a car, you
need to restore it the way you want it, because you're not going to flip it
for a profit.  In almost every case, you're going to put much more money
into the car than you will ever get for it if you sell it.

Though the 38K car has historical value, for that kind of money you don't
really expect to be having to do something like buy about 800 bucks worth of
weatherstrips to keep it from looking like a barn fresh beater, to say
nothing of the damage to the interior from original, shot weatherstrips.

Then again, many people have more money than sense. I talk to them every
day.  They have 150K in a car that won't retail for 70, and complaining to
me about the cost of shipping on their parts. 38K, for the seller, is a good
deal, IF he can get it. Suckers are born every minute.

Hank