<VV> Restoration Costs

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Jul 6 14:23:41 EDT 2011

Mike, how right you are.  I paid Gary Funkhouser $6,500 (not including
SafeGuard) for basically the engine you described.  Body work and paint
from another shop was $21K for an essentially rust free car (they never
are as rust free as they appear).  Add to that everything else from
suspension to interior and Allen's price will pale by comparison -- and
except for engine, paint, and interior I'm doing the work myself).  But,
it's something I always wanted to do since I was a kid -- rebuild a car
the way *I* wanted to do it.  (It will be a driver.)

Dave Keillor