<VV> A Different 4 Carb Question

John O'Shea jco99 at cox.net
Thu Jul 7 19:03:13 EDT 2011

All the 4 carb talk made me wonder if anyone knows how John Fitch set up his 140 engines.
I understand he used 4 primary carbs without progressive linkage.
Anyone know what main jets he used?  Did he use all four accel pumps at full (stock) stroke?
Seems like you would have to run pretty rich to overcome off idle bog.  Anybody know?
Were there special carb mods made by John?
Can anyone steer me to a source?

Thanks.

Jack in humid Las Vegas (all the way up to 41% from 5%).
There's a monsoon blowing through a little early this year.
Not to worry.  We'll be back to 110F and 5% in a few days.