<VV> Value

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 23:06:52 EDT 2011

James,
Thank you for saying that, and for saying it so well. Some of us bought Corvairs to resto-mod for mixed reasons, one of them including making a "little" profit from our labors. I've learned over the past three years that my idea about that was seriously flawed. Does that mean I now go "cheap" to finish it when thus far I've spent what was necessary to "do it right?" I wonder if the "market value" of our hobby might be more in line with some of the other classics out there if, what seems to a newbie like me, many of the old-timers had a more respectful attitude about things. Are they trying to keep the "market value" suppressed because they're afraid they wouldn't be able to "play" 'cause they couldn't "pay" if prices actually got up to where they belong? Just wondering.
I'll take my lumps when it's time to sell; but you can bet any future resto-mods I do won't be Corvairs. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert
'63 Monza Coupe - Parts car
Gainesville, FL