<VV> Value

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Fri Jul 8 07:44:34 EDT 2011

At 01:49 AM 7/8/2011, Ron wrote:
>"when it's time to sell"?
>Why is there a time to sell??
>Once you get all of the bugs out of it and have it parade ready, it'd be
>stupid to sell it!  I have four Corvairs that are NOT for sale.

Good point.  I've seen a number of people who bought someone else's
problems and after fixing them all and ferretting out every rattle
and squeak and polishing out the last scratch, then decide the car
was "too much trouble" and thus should be sold.

WTF??

I know one guy who did this THREE times in a row.   After #4 came
along we stopped helping him fix things, especially after noting that
each time he'd made a nifty profit... some of it from our efforts and
with hardly as much as a thank-you.    I always thought that if you
bought a project to refurbish, it meant that you WANTED the car and
was willing to do the work and spend the money to make it your own...
and then enjoy it.  Isn't that what it's all about with a vintage car?

I never ever thought that such things were to be considered as
nothing but commodities to barter and trade.

When I acquired that '65 Corsa ragtop that was in tatters, after
bringing it home and starting on it, someone asked "Are ya gonna fix
it up and sell it?"  That was 28 years ago... it's still here.

tony..