<VV> "New Car" shows

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Jul 8 14:26:22 EDT 2011

On 7/8/2011 2:12 PM, Bill Hubbell wrote:
> On the other hand there will always be those people who buy a brand new car and immediately enter it in a car show (I'm thinking of Corvette owners in particular).

Yes, 'Vette people take a deserved hit here, but I have also see this of
late with the newer MoPars -- Chargers and Challengers.  Mustangs, too,
although not to the extent I see it in others.

If I want to see a line of new cars there is a string of dealers not far
from my home.

So I have become more discriminating in what shows I attend or enter.
Is it a "car show" (all comers welcome) or an "old car show" restricted
to 25 years old or older or some similar criteria).

To me, it is not about the cars being old, it is about having gained
some perspective on them.  Just recently I saw a beautifully-preserved
1971 Mercury Comet, y'know, a badge-engineered Ford Maverick.  "Nobody"
saved these cars, so it was interesting to reconsider it from a
40-years-later perspective.

--Bob