<VV> conventions, 5997 and attitude and comments on VV

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Jul 8 21:28:16 EDT 2011

That's a fair comment, but I have some questions in return:

How much is too much?  You say 'the last few hours'.  I just took a look at the archives, several of those posts were in response to the 'what it's worth' comments.  Should those be off limits?  If so, why?  Don't those have to do with Corvairs?

The next thread was about Convention registration?  Ok?  Not ok?

Finally, we have the road trip thread.  Although labelled off topic, it certainly seems germane.

I think if the expectation that VV is strictly about 'how do I fix my car?', then that was never really the intent of the list.  The intent is to support the Corvair hobby.  That would mean, IMHO, all of the above topics are valid for the list.

Finally, what exactly is the expectation of the moderators?  To review all messages prior to posting?  We don't currently and never have.  If so, who is willing to do the reviewing?  If not, it is unreasonable to expect a much tighter monitoring than one day.  The current expectation is that members can behave themselves.  Do we really need someone standing around policing things constantly?  I will point out that not *one* person who complained bothered to contact any of the moderators that I'm aware of, either individually or as a group.  All of the complaints were posted to the list directly.  Did that help?  Does that make the problem larger, or smaller?

--Bryan