<VV> conventions, 5997 and attitude and comments on VV

Ted Duke teduke at embarqmail.com
Fri Jul 8 19:16:59 EDT 2011

Three comments;

First for Allen and the others who have run conventions,

Those who have never run a BIG event just don't understand.  The several
years many folks spent planning it, preparing for it and all of the
things that "were made sure would be right" are no longer in their hands
once the event starts.  Sometimes "everything" clicks, and sometimes the
hotel, the providers of things that were setup don't produce.  C'est La
Vie!  All the complainers shouldshut-up and volunteer, but that is
unlikely to happen.

What YOU want to do with YOUR CORVAIR; fix it, burn it, sell it or drive
it off a cliff is your business, ignore the comments.

Second for Jamie,

I rejoined CORSA after many years when my 61 sat in the barn, and I'll
probably continue, but I certainly have not been impressed with what I
have seen on here on VV with few exceptions.  Keep trying to improve the
magazine.

Three for the moderators:

Where is the moderation?  You post the rules each month but don't
enforce them.  I am another one that has had enough.  I haven't been
here long enough to contribute since I'm still learning about CORVAIRs,
but the messages of the last few hours are enough for me.  The politics,
the "humor", the BS detract from the intent (I thought) of helping folks
with CORVAIRs.  I will seek help elsewhere and perhaps in time will be
able to help someone who needs help.

Ted Duke