<VV> conventions, 5997 and attitude and comments on VV

Jack Kean jkean at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 9 09:01:38 EDT 2011

was this the email that fueled the talk about #5997? It would appear
that it was, and if I am correct, I will apologize for that.

First let me be clear. This comment (at least when I wrote it) was a
simple one, based on what I now understand to be incorrect information
related to the purchase price of this car. Aaaaaaaaaaaaah. That darn
internet. I was curious (and interested since I have a low number car)
about what made this car jump that much in value in such a short time.
Nothing more than that.

The responses, including one of mine, seem to have been fueled by 50%
nitro-methane, and 50% vitriol. For that, I will humbly apologize to
Allen Bristow (who I have never met) and the readers of this forum.
While I am old enough not to be surprised about much, I am genuinely
surprised by the responses. Maybe I shouldn't be. I've seen the same
things on other forums. It has happened to me. People find it much
easier to be that way when they don't have to open their mouths or look
people in the eyes when they communicate.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. That darn internet again.

I am glad the moderator finally tuned into the direction that this was
heading and is trying to get things back on track. Unfortunately, this
"problem" is much larger than this forum. It is a statement about where
we are headed as a society.

Enough of it. Again I apologize for anything that I might have caused.

Jack Kean
68 Monza Convertible, Arlington, Texas