<VV> Apparently

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sat Jul 9 08:29:27 EDT 2011

I owe the group an apology.
All the complaints I heard mouth to ear personally, and all the negative comments I read on VV, from having to pay tolls on I-90 in NY to the small rooms, the bad A/C, the lack of timely support from hotel staff, the hospitality area, and the "best thing was seeing the city in my rearview mirror leaving"-----

All of these comments and VV posts must have been the result of my wife spiking my ice tea with LSD for a few weeks.  Random figments of my drug-addled imagination.

Sure would have been nice to hear all these positive comments after the event, but that didn't happen----or perhaps I just imagined the whole thing and I wasn't even there.

I'll also freely admit that the organizers were put on the spot by CORSA with the hotel selection.  Ask any member of the Packard Club or BCA about the Holiday Inn Grand Island as a convention host hotel.  Halfway between Buffalo and Niagara Falls, new modern facility, tons of parking (even for Trailers), and all the other events could have been held where they were.   Of course, one of the directors of CORSA didn't work for Holiday Inn, but one DID work for the Adam's Mark chain.  I'm sure I'm hallucinating in that fact had ZERO to do with the Adam's Mark being chosen.

I suppose I should just read these posts and not comment on them, because I imagined everything, Including being at registration 25 minutes after it opened and my "custom" 3XL shirt had already been given to someone else......That wasn't so bad, but I turned around and apparently Smitty's registration was all mucked up---he looked a little more than unhappy about it, but that was probably just my imagination too.

So, for turning up this shit-storm, apparently the machinations of a faulty memory, I apologize to the group.  Maybe the excellent co-operation of the VA clubs that I worked with in 94 had something to do with me smoking pot all the time......except I was a cop at the time and I didn't do that......

Hank