<VV> Engine cleaning help

aaron brown awbrown326 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 08:32:17 EDT 2011

Gentleman,

I am in the process of an engine rebuild, I have it out and the trans removed. The car sat in a field for around 5 years and needless to say the wildlife was not happy whne i removed the condo they had been living in. The enigine has alot of oxidation on it. What is the best method of removing it? I have been told everything from oven cleaner while the motor is hot to muratic acid baths to walnut shell blasting. Obviously any of these may work but I would like to know what the best result would be. Thanks in advance.

Aaron in Ky

66 2dr hrd top 140hp /4spdin cryostasis
66 110hp/4spd convertible currently on the OR table