<VV> [FC] FC False Alarm Idiot Light

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Jul 11 11:06:02 EDT 2011

In a message dated 7/11/2011 1:38:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

There is  a loose connection (or an about to
fail diode - if that is even possible)  which only exhibits a problem when
it
gets hot.

Later,  JR

Kevin,

I did have the same issue on one of my cars when I first got it.   Though I
did have some overheating issues because of debris under the engine top
cover I also had a contributing problem like JR's comment.  The heat sink  on
the back of my alternator was thorougly clogged with dust and what looked
like plant clippings.  After I brushed it all off to allow the heat sink to
do its job to keep the diodes cool (and did the other cooling system clean
up  work) the problems went away.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics