<VV> Engine cleaning help

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Jul 11 11:10:06 EDT 2011

In a message dated 7/11/2011 8:32:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
awbrown326 at yahoo.com writes:

The  enigine has alot of oxidation on it. What is the best method of
removing it? I  have been told everything from oven cleaner while the motor is hot
to muratic  acid baths to walnut shell blasting. Obviously any of these may
work but I  would like to know what the best result would be. Thanks in
advance.

Aaron in Ky

Aaron,

Duro Aluminum Jelly works very well.  It's at your local hardware  store.
For the outside of the engine of course.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA