<VV> 110 WOWS!

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Jul 11 23:34:04 EDT 2011

 l. Next thing to checkwas that either the fuel pump was not pumping or the feed
line to the back of the car was plugged. To verify, I disconnectedthe line at
the tank (put a big plastic pan underneath!!!) and saw fuel drain from both the
feed line and the tank, so Iknew that the feed line probably wasn't blocked bad
enough to cause the problem, so I suspected a problem with the pump. I hooked up
the hose, put the gas can on the trunk, turn the pump on, and voila!! no gas
would flow into thecan (even though I could hear the pump working). There, I
positively identified the problem. I take the pump out,and then started
laughing, as the pump had fallen off its hose. I bought a new piece of alchohol
proof fuel line,and reinstalled the pump. No more problems! The point is, since
you have an electric pump, you can certainly  check all of the various possible
causes by running the car long enough for it to mis-behave and then begin
working from the engine back to the tank.Kevin Nas
 h 63 spyder,daily driver, soon to be efi!!

 Last year at Cedar Rapids, a group fought for 3 days... electric pump did run and fuel "dribbled"  out the line at the carb....

It was one of the round external pumps...mounted at the tank...

I convinced them to bypass the elec. unit and install a mechanical they had already previously  installed...

He won his class in the AX that week.

 Note:  I've seen these fail... I only run the chinese Facet pumps  AKA  "never fail"   gg

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/