<VV> gas heater value?

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Tue Jul 12 13:44:25 EDT 2011

The advantage of the gas heater is exactly what you said -- instant
insane heat (140 degree 20 seconds if you crank it up that high).  I
once turned one too high and melted all the wires ... ouch!  Follow
instructions on setting it up.  It does not take as much gas as one
would think, I don't really notice a difference.  That is because
once it heats at that temp it takes about two minutes and you have to
turn it way down or leave the car (too hot).  I suspect that first
few minutes uses some gas.  As to what it takes to get it working if
it has been sitting ... sometime nothing, points, plug, blower fan,
safety switch come to mind, and a burner service kit (important!).  I
have all that stuff if you need it.  I'd try it first and then work
from there rather than buying stuff first.  I have had three early
models I converted -- one with an NOS heater.  The NOS heater was
more trouble than the others!  Most just went in and worked with new
points and burner service kit installed.  Eric

At 09:00 AM 7/12/2011, you wrote:
>Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:59:17 -0400
>From: Ramon Rodriguez III <corvairgrymm at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: <VV> gas heater value?
>To: shortle <shortle556 at earthlink.net>, virtualvairs at corvair.org
>
>My father's interest in the gas heater is mostly to have a fast and
>effective defroster available as the car will be driven daily to work year
>round here in NorthEast Pennsylvania.  I have a high volume blower in my 66
>Corsa coupe and I find the heat very decent in the winter but it can take a
>while to get the windshield clear sometimes!
>
>If one of you guys had a used Gas heater that had not been all redone what
>would you sell it for?  How much does it typically cost to get one working
>if it has been sitting a long time but doesn't have any serious damage (rust
>etc.?)

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Pictures of Snake in Spring

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115547&id=1409661701&l=1c375e1f49

Pictures of Camp Verde

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12771&id=1409661701&l=fc0e0a2bcf

Pictures of Land Cruiser in Sedona

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50953&id=1409661701

Pictures of Flagstaff area near our cabin

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12750&id=1409661701

Pictures of Cheryl in a Horse Show

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=32484&id=1409661701

Pictures of the AZ Desert

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58827&id=1409661701

(You can see why we love this state :-) )