<VV> Very odd car I want to sell

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Tue Jul 12 14:08:05 EDT 2011

I have a 62 Sedan that I thought I'd mention here before ebay.  It is
a car only for an unusual person.  It started as a mostly rust free
car with 28k miles I bought maybe 8-9 years ago from the original
owner's heirs.  It has been my play toy.  The body has never been hit
but the original paint is toast.  It has some minor rust here or
there ... by AZ standards average for it's age, anyone from the east
would call it rust free :-)  The interior is ugly with only the
upholstery re-done (door panels, seats, cushions, arm rests,
etc).  Carpet and cardboard and headliner are a mess.

What is unusual is the mechanicals.  The engine had an insane rebuild
that ended up being $4,800 or so.  Generally it is a 110 block with
.030 bored over and 102 heads and shrouds (e.g. it looks like a
102).  Absolutely no shortcuts were taken and the best of everything
put in there.  I don't even know all the stuff.  Pertronix of course,
alternator conversion, years of work.

It has teflon coated cylinders, fancy pistons and rings, Clark's cam,
roller rockers (really -- don't know that they do much but they look
cool), ported heads, etc.

All mechanicals are perfect, rebuilt PG, transaxle, u-joints, brakes
(wheel and master cylinders), shocks, suspension bushings,
etc.  Everything works except sometimes the clock.  It has the clock,
parking brake alarm, padded dash, engine compartment light, and other
cool stuff.  It drives very nicely.

It also has a Judson supercharger with a Weber 44 IDF carb on
it.  This setup is about 90% dialed in (it is still a little cranky
when cold).  I also have all the stock Judson pieces including the
hard to find air cleaner pieces.  I also have the stock carbs
(rebuilt) if one wanted it back to stock.

It has a nice working gas heater!  This is a complete, rebuilt, and
working setup.

I have the original drivetrain complete -- it had about 35k miles
when I pulled it and ran fine.

The summary is that it is UGLY and mechanically superior to most cars
you will find.  It is also one of the most restorable cars you will
find in that it has no serious rust or damage -- assuming anyone
wants to restore a sedan.  It will not photograph too well for
ebay.  Here are pictures at various stages.  I already sold the deck
lid and used the hubcaps (I do have an NOS set if needed).  The
Judson setup pictured is with the stock Judson Holley carb.  I can
take a picture of the 44 IDF if you like (that does look cool with
custom made adapter and linkage).

http://www.vicsmba.com/vics/corvair/corvair_sedan.html

Someone that wants a nice sedan -- it would need some interior work
and paint -- would be starting from a very good place.  Although I
would hate to see it done, someone that needed a good engine and the
other mechanical parts could easily raid this car and do very
well.  Especially if interested in a complete working Judson setup
with the Weber and stock setups.

I will sell it without the Judson if someone wants (drag to take it
off though).  Or, I might consider raiding it myself if I get enough
offers on various parts.  I foolishly turned down a good sum for the
drive train ... I was not thinking, I just did not want to tear it apart.

Contact me off list if interested.  I'll likely want what I have in
the engine to sell it without the Judson, and another 1,000 with the
Weber/Judson.  I also have tons of NOS parts if someone wants to
restore it.  In any case it will be a tremendous bargain for the
right person and just an ugly sedan to most ;-)

Eric

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Pictures of Snake in Spring

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115547&id=1409661701&l=1c375e1f49

Pictures of Camp Verde

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12771&id=1409661701&l=fc0e0a2bcf

Pictures of Land Cruiser in Sedona

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50953&id=1409661701

Pictures of Flagstaff area near our cabin

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12750&id=1409661701

Pictures of Cheryl in a Horse Show

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=32484&id=1409661701

Pictures of the AZ Desert

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58827&id=1409661701

(You can see why we love this state :-) )