<VV> installing convertible top

Bruce Alexander brucea at wildblue.net
Fri Jul 15 09:53:31 EDT 2011

I agree installing a Conv. top is a frustrating miserable job. I did so on my 63 Monza.
 when replacing a mechanical part, "either it fits or it don't" not so with a top. you have to temporarily put it on, try for fit, and then re- install. you may do this several times till it is right. If anyone asks me if I know how to put on a conv. top I say NO! absolutely not!
 on the other side , I bought my new top from Clarks, and the instructions from them , and the manufacturer were excellent. even a phone # from the top Co. for help. (which I used) After giving the new top several new names****, I did get it on and it looks good.  Patience, patience, patience !
...,Bruce