<VV> Need to update GM factory info on Wikipedia

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Fri Jul 15 12:01:11 EDT 2011

On Wikipedia recently I came across an admittedly incomplete listing of
General Motors factories, both current and previous, used to manufacture and
assemble automobiles.  I believe that the list needs updating by someone
knowledgeable, both in use of Wikipedia and in GM Corvair factory history.
Currently the list shows Corvairs having been assembled at the Van Nuys, CA
assembly plant and the Willow Run plant in Ypsilanti, MI.  The listing
includes the Oshawa, ON plant but does not mention that Corvairs were built
there.  Also, if memory serves me correctly, I believe Corvairs were  assembled
at a plant in or around St. Louis, MO.  The Wikipedia listing  shows a "St.
Louis Truck Assembly" plant in St. Louis, MO.  I don't know if  that was
once a Corvair assembly plant but, if so, someone in the know needs to  add
the Corvair information.  Also, the Antwerp, Belgium plant is  listed but
Corvairs are not mentioned.  Again, if memory serves me  correctly, I believe
that Corvairs were assembled there on what, I think, was a  CKD basis which,
again, if I recall correctly, stands for Completely Knocked  Down.  I know
just enough to get myself in trouble so, I hope that someone  on VV who is
more knowledgeable will add the pertinent Corvair information to  the Wikipedia
listing.

Thanks!

~Bill Stanley
NJ