<VV> the

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Fri Jun 3 04:55:26 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Ramon Rodriguez III < corvairgrymm at gmail.com >
Subject: <VV> torch setup (Oxy-Acetyl)?
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org

how much does it cost to aquire and maintain a low end oxy acetlylene torch
for dealing with seized manifold studs etc? I once again am in need of one
and want to know what it would really cost to have on hand for when I need
it.

Thanks!

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA

For years I used to have a set of the "big" tanks for my NAPA Welding lightweight autobody style torches.
The lease was over $100/year.
In the beginning I might refill them once a year. Later it was several years, and partly due to leakage.

A few years back I "bought" a set of the small tanks for similar money. Refill by exchanging them every couple of years (20-30 buck each, as I recall, about what the big tanks were, years before), but I have a plasma cutter for cutting, and MIG for most welding. I still worry about running out because I can only get to the supplier Saturday AM, so I start seized fastener removal with the MAPP torch, which works pretty well, as long as there's access. I >>think<< the bottle must be kept upright like porpane.

If I was doing much oxy acetylene cutting I'd get a second oxygen bottle.

Dan T