<VV> Hazard Lights on 67 Monza Convertible

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Jun 3 23:21:35 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/3/2011 6:34:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jekepler at amplex.net writes:

I've  never been able to get the hazard lights on my 67 to work.not that big
a  deal, but I just spent a bundle on a new turn signal switch and figure
ALL
of that expensive little puppy should work.  I don't have the 67  supplement
to the shop manual, so I really don't have the right circuit  diagram!  I'm
pretty sure the hazards are supposed to have their own  separate
flasher..but
damned if I can find it (standing on my head under  the dash isn't as much
"fun" as it used to be!).  Any help would be  deeply appreciated.

John - I am looking at the diagram in the 67 supplement. There is  only one
flasher. It is fed by a #12 brown wire from the ignition switch - and  is
also tied all the way back to the voltage regulator. The other wire on the
flasher is a #14 purple lead that goes to the steering column feed. That
wire is what feeds all the flashing lights on the car, whether turn signal or
hazard flashers. (They are the same filaments.) The hazard switch in the
column, when actuated, sends the power from that feed wire out to all four
corners - to the turn signal filaments. When it is not actuated, the turn
signal switch can send it out to the left pair or the right pair. If that
switch is not activated, the front turn signal filaments get nothing and the
rear turn signal filaments get the feed from the stop light switch when/if it
is  activated. If the stop lights are on and the turn signal switch is
activated,  the directional filament on that side is switched from the stop light
feed and  connected to the flasher feed - That is what makes the rear turn
signal still  flash when your foot is on the brake.
The 67 supplement does not show a diagram of the inside of the switch - But
 it shows a pair of photos of the two styles of switch (big help!). Any
thing  else I can do for you?

- Seth Emerson