<VV> Fuel Pump?

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Mon Jun 6 00:25:37 EDT 2011

At 20:31 6/05/2011 -0400, Rodney Spooner wrote:

 >>>snip<<<

>10. If not, then repeat steps 7-8 a few more times. If the fuel line
>connections get wet continue to step 11. If not, then I would conclude that
>you have A) a fuel line blockage somewhere upstream, or B) a faulty fuel
>pump.

Add to the above: C) a faulty rubber fuel line hose at the connection
between the engine and hard line from the tank.

This is the place, next to the heater hose and behind the left rear tire,
where a large inline fuel filter can be installed.  More than once I have
had this rubber line deteriorate enough to form a crack which will not leak
because it is above the level of the tank. It will, however, allow a
perfectly good pump to suck air--especially after the car has sat for a
while and the fuel lines have drained back.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI