<VV> Distributer shaft

Ralphsebrell ralphsebrell at aol.com
Mon Jun 6 16:11:50 EDT 2011

With the car idling unevenly I started looking for obvious signs of things out of place, I was visually checking the internals of the distributor. I noticed evidence of the rotor hitting the plastic base of the contacts on the cap. Like just once or so, but still??? So I tried to twist the shaft, it moved very little. I tried to pull up on the shaft, I was able to lift it 5/64". What is the tolerance for this?
I know more about driving that wrenching, but I would like to give my mechanic some intellengent direction, in this problem.
Thanks Ralph