<VV> Questions about fitting Clark's single air cleaners

Joe White jwcorvair at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 09:52:38 EDT 2011

I recently purchased a set of Clark's single HV carb air cleaners (similar to the air cleaners that Fitch used on the Sprints). These attach to the carbs using short sections of rubber hose (I have modified carbs with the tops from 60 carbs so the hose will fit without needing to be notched). The rubber hose has almost the same diameter as air cleaner, and so will be an extremely tight fit.

I was wondering how others might have installed these air cleaners? If they used the ruber hose as is or modified the hose? I f they added a stack for air flow? Or what other tricks they might have used when installing these air cleaners.

Joe White (62 Sedan, 66 Porvair)
Boulder, CO
CORSA, RMC