<VV> Questions about fitting Clark's single air cleaners

Tom Berg thesuperscribe at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 10:57:59 EDT 2011

Here's a hot idea: Try cooling the part that fits inside the other. Cooling or
freezing will cause the material to contract, lessening its diameter so it slips
into the larger part. If the hose is supposed to slip onto the air cleaner
snout, it's the snout (or the entire cleaner can) that you want to cool or
freeze.

Put the two together and set the assembly aside. As the smaller one warms, it
expands and tightens onto the larger part.

--Tom in Ohio