<VV> 63 102 PG jet size?

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 22:10:28 EDT 2011

Anyone able to tell me the "correct" or original jet size for a 63' 102/PG
engine?  How about what size works best in your experience?

The reason I ask is that I'm still tinkering with my 63' trying to get it to
cold start and run properly when cold.

To start the car I pretty much have to hold the pedal on the floor to hold
the choke partway open.  The car was running terrible when cold and I
discovered it seemed to be getting too much choke, I bent the choke pull off
rods to pull the choke further off and now the car seems to run much better
when cold, but it also immediately pulls the high idle cam down to the
lowest setting.  I've adjusted things till it's pretty good but it still
sometimes tends to stall when put in gear if not fully warmed up.

If I try to start the car "normally" with the pedal not floored it seems to
flood... you then have to floor the pedal and hold it down to start but even
once it starts it is very unhappy for a bit... often for a good 30 seconds
you can hold your foot flat on the floor and the RPM won't increase above
idle and it usually stalls again.... repeat this a few times till it clears
up.

The carbs I'm running on this car are actually 65' carbs and they have 52's
in them currently (I didn't put them in).  The car seems to run very well
now when warm.

((PS:  I've recently gone through these carbs and all the passages are
clear, they are clean, gaskets are new, and accelerator pumps are working
well.))

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA