<VV> WINDSHIELDS

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Jun 10 07:00:29 EDT 2011

when parting out FC's or early cars , i cut if it was cold out , used a
hook tool on the inside on 3 sides if warm. that let me tip the glass forward
and go outside to finish removing it. remember , i was / am working alone.
i sit  in the middle inside , put my feet as far apart near the top , and
push VERY  SLOWLY and hold a pressure until i feel movement. it must be even
pressure on  both sides and have patience..it sometimes takes a minute for it
to start  moving. after that first move , it all of a sudden can go fast ,
so be ready to  let the pressure off quick. then step outside and pick it
out of the  bottom.
i have done a lot of windshields this way without any damage. if the car is
 in the hot sun , or you put a rocket heater inside for a few minutes
before you  do it , it works slick.
i learned this trick from an old time junkyard guy when i was a kid.
regards, Tim Colson     part junkyard dog...