<VV> The only factory Toronado Ultra Van found in Iowa.

Owen Strawn owenstrawn at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 08:44:36 EDT 2011

Christy owns two Ultra Vans:

#227 which is a 1966 or 1967 factory built Corvair coach

#603 which is one of five new-design Ultra Vans built  in Oakland during
1971-1975. The only things they have in common with the Corvair Ultra Vans are
the windshields and the riveted aluminum construction. They used a marine-use
Olds 350 V8 installed on the left side underneath a comfy chair (seriously). It
drives the rear wheels through an offset differential and unequal length axles.
The radiator is installed in the side of the coach,  fwd of the rear wheel, with
an air plenum consisting of the bottom of a closet.

Owen