<VV> EM Windshield Removal

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 20:21:57 EDT 2011

Thanks to all who responded. Putting all the info together, I cut the old, hard, cracked rubber across the top and down the sides. Because the seats are out and the floor has rusted almost completely away, I had to create a platform out of 2x4's and plywood so I could lay down and place my feet up on the top-center of the windshield. With steady pressure for about 30 seconds, it popped out and I quickly removed my feet and let it settle back down against the frame. From that point on it was a breeze. I got all the rubber & metal trim off and cleaned off the residual putty with a stiff putty knife and then washed it real good. It's not new, but it's in very good shape for being almost 50 years old. I was surprised at the great condition of the metal trim. I ordered all new rubber trim for the whole car from Steele, so I should be able to put the windshield into my '64 after the paint job's done. Any suggestions for the adhesive to use?

Thanks again for your advice - "spot on", as usual.

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert.
Gainesville, FL