<VV> Aftermarket A/C compressor

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Fri Jun 24 13:54:53 EDT 2011

My advice is the Sanden from Clark's.  You need correct hoses and
valves for which they have a kit for.  Some other minor changes if
using RU134.  Clark's also has all the info need.  Might consider a
new drier as well.  Eric

At 10:32 PM 6/23/2011, you wrote:
>Message: 3
>Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 19:19:56 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Jerry Brown <air_cooled63 at yahoo.com>
>Subject: <VV> Aftermarket A/C compressor
>To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
>
>Hi all, I need some help with aftermarket A/C compressor.? I am
>working on a 65
>with air and the compressor is leaking on the back portion of the
>compressor.?
>The part that has 4 studs holding it in place with nuts.? The owner wants to
>replace it with the A6 type compressor, and I find that Car Quest has one in
>stock that is supposed to work, according to their parts book?.?This is not
>true?information at times.?I know that the Corvair turns in the
>opposite and I
>have heard rumors that this generic compressor will work.? I don't know the
>internal workings of a compressor and dont know what would happen if it was
>used.? Can anyone help me out on this?? The owner is a 11 grade
>student and has
>just bought her first Corvair.? She loves it.? I want the repair to be done
>right.?

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Pictures of Snake in Spring

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115547&id=1409661701&l=1c375e1f49

Pictures of Camp Verde

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12771&id=1409661701&l=fc0e0a2bcf

Pictures of Land Cruiser in Sedona

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50953&id=1409661701

Pictures of Flagstaff area near our cabin

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12750&id=1409661701

Pictures of Cheryl in a Horse Show

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=32484&id=1409661701

Pictures of the AZ Desert

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58827&id=1409661701

(You can see why we love this state :-) )