<VV> noisy lifter

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 19:57:32 EDT 2011

Hey folks,

     I just hopped into the 66' 140 Corsa for a quick ride to town (it's
only been parked a few days) and had a very noisy lifter on startup.  I let
it idle for a good two minutes or so and then drove it about a mile but the
lifter noise didn't go away.  By the time I turned around and got it back
home it seemed to be a little quieter but not much.

     I'm pretty sure I changed all the lifters maybe 20k miles ago and also
replaced all the valve adjuster nuts... so I'm surprised to have this
problem.

     Obviously I'll try adjusting the valves and probably get rid of it, but
any thoughts on why this would happen all of a sudden?  Oil is AmsOil with
the high ZDDP levels and it is up to level.

Thanks,

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA