<VV> turobo vs 140

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 10:35:15 EDT 2011

OK, Aside from Seth's grumbly comments, the 140 will give you better
off the line performance, simply because it takes the turbo a bit to
spool up. There are things  you can do to mitigate some of your
concerns. The valve seats can be staked to prevent them from coming
out. A regularily driven car should not have issues with a gummed up
secondary. Just drive it regularily and put some marvel mystery oil in
the gas once in awhile, if anything.

If the engine was overhauled by a repupable guy or shop, and you are
reasonable as to how  you drive the car, I doubt you will have many
issues. But as was stated, these are antiques and problems will arise.
Any old car is a hobby, not just fun transportation.

If you want performance and no issues, go buy a new car!  Mark Durham