<VV> Engine with no compression

jryall jryall at juno.com
Tue Jun 28 13:48:52 EDT 2011

I have a '67 110hp automatic which I had running very well 4 years ago.
Employment changes took me away, so the car was stored under a tarp.  The
other week I unwrapped it and tired to start it.  It has spark, and I
have been dribbling gas into the carbs with no fire from the engine.  It
turns over very rapidly as if it has no compression.  I have already
tried squirting oil into several of the cylinders in an attempt to get
enough compression so that it might at least start on those cylinders.

Is the next step filling the crankcase with Marvel Mystery Oil or
something like that?

This car is 150 miles away, and I'll be able to work on it a bit this
weekend.

John Ryall