<VV> individual air cleaners again

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:01:57 EDT 2011

Hello all,

     Recently we talked some about individual air cleaners and I believe I
chipped in with info on my install.

I've become aware of a little problem with my setup.  I have the "vent
tubes" mod on my 140 carbs to prevent fuel starvation when cornering hard.
I've discovered that if I take a sharp corner or an extended high speed
curve the fuel will squirt out the vent tube and partially saturate the
filter element... the result is a fairly strong (though short lived) smell
of gasoline inside the car.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to do some more bending of my vent tubes to
prevent this unless somebody has some kind of super-clever fix.

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA