<VV> individual air cleaners again

Joe White jwcorvair at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 09:10:01 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I had asked the question about the individual air cleaners because, at the time, it wasn't quite clear as to how to install the air cleaners onto the rubber collar. (As one person who replied said, the rubber collar goes into the base of the air cleaner. The easiest way I found to get the collar into the base of the air cleaner is to fold the collar a bit and wiggle the collar into the air cleaner. The fit between the collar and the air cleaner is so tight I did not use the fasteners that came with the air cleaner kit to hold the collar to the air cleaner - I didn't like the remote possibility that a nylock nut might fall into the throat of a carb.) So, the new carbs and air cleaners are on the engine in my PorVair and the engine is running much, much nicer. (I replaced a Carter AFB with two tweaked HVs.) Now I'm working on better throttle linkage and have ordered a Mr. Gasket throttle cable, which I will install this 4th weekend.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I appreciate all (well, certainly most) of the ideas that appear on this list. Also, thanks to Ray for his comments about the vent tubes.

Regards,
Joe White (62 4-dr, 66 PorVair)
Boulder, CO
CORSA, RMC