<VV> CAM WEAR

Ray Rodriguez III vairguy at echoes.net
Tue Mar 1 09:53:54 EST 2011

Makes sense to me too.  Likely once the wear starts the hardening is pretty
much gone on that lobe... and if conditions ate through the hardened metal I
can imagine what they will do to the "soft flesh" beneath!

Smitty I agree with you.  I like to over-analyze things and wasn't giving
any thought to the impression I might leave for newbies searching the
archives in the future.  Oil being run in a Corvair engine should have ZDDP
levels over 1000 ppm.  Break in is even more critical and proper additives
and procedure should always be followed.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
66' Corsa 140 coupe
63' Monza PG (winter driver)
65' Corsa 140 coupe  (under construction)