<VV> gas tank removable and replacement

Chris C ricorvair at cox.net
Tue Mar 8 09:11:02 EST 2011

I am no great mechanic, but had a fairly easy time doing it.  Also
rebuilt the control arm under it while I had it out.

Its also a good time to replace the brake line that goes behind it at
the same time.

Ground off any bolts that did not want to comply with my wishes.

Getting back in is the more difficult part.  I ended up putting the
rubber hoses on loosely, installing it, and shifting them around as
needed after words.  The filler neck.

Actually cleaned it out real well, let it sit open for a week, then
ran water threw it, let it sit for a few weeks to dry out.   Por-15ed
it, all the components, and behind it while I had it out.  A lot of
sandy junk at the bottom.