<VV> More Corvair Oil Confusion?

John O'Shea jco99 at cox.net
Tue Mar 8 09:17:21 EST 2011

To get a detailed answer to your question about C series oils please review
the recent volumes of information about this on Virtual Vairs and Corvair
Center.  In brief, CI-4 was recommended for Corvair engines by an oil
industry expert because that designation has the levels of zinc and
phosphorous needed to protect flat tappet engines.  Those levels have been
reduced in most oils to protect the catalytic converters in newer engines
that do not have flat tappets.